Google today, during its Breakfast with Sundar Pichai event in San Francisco, finally revealed the next generation of the Nexus 7. It wasn’t long after before a new Nexus 7 commercial began circulating the web, showing how the device can be used to combat the fear of public speaking.
Here’s a quick reminder of what we’re looking at hardware wise:
- Profile: 7.62mm (0.3-inch); 2mm thinner, reduced bezel by 3mm on each side
- Weight: 318g (11.2oz)
- 7-inch LCD IPS display with 1920 x 1200 resolution (323ppi)
- 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor (80% faster CPU)
- 30% wider range of colors than original Nexus 7
- Adreno 320 graphics (4x graphics framerate)
- 2GB of DDR3LM memory
- 16/32GB storage
- 5-megapixel camera
- 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- dual-stereo speakers
- virtual surround sound technology
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- MicroUSB port with SlimPort
- optional 4G LTE model
- 9 hours video playback, 10 hours web and reading
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
The minute long commercial shows us how a student overcomes the fear of public speaking by spending time watching famous speeches from respected people like Franklin D Roosevelt, along with a few other methods. In the end, the young student overcomes his fear, and we’re shown his next difficult task: asking a girl out.
The commercial really doesn’t show us anything specific to the Nexus 7, but we’re sure to see more clips like this showing Nexus 7 specific features in the future. Regardless, it’s a cute and well put together commercial. Take a look for yourself:
Are you planning on getting yourself this year’s version of the Nexus 7 or are you sticking with the older hardware?