New Amazon Mobile version brings faster navigation, search result filters
Is there anything that you can’t get on Amazon these days? It might sound like a good thing, but your wallet will probably beg to differ. For people who can’t stop hitting the “Add to Cart” button anyhow, Amazon has developed its own Amazon Mobile app for Android devices, making shopping on-the-go (and maxing out on that credit card) even easier.
Version 1.6.0 of Amazon Mobile has just been rolled out by the online retailer behemoth yesterday, bringing along with it the following new features:
- Brand new ways to sort and filter your search results.
- Faster, easier navigation with a Cart shortcut and drop-down menu of the most popular pages.
- Launch barcode scanning directly from the home screen.
- Add items to any of your existing wish lists.
- Additional country support – shop Amazon across 8 countries, including Spain and Italy.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Of course, other features that you’ve come to know and love about Amazon Mobile app on Android are still intact. Searching and comparing prices are a breeze, as is reading reviews. Wondering if that product you’re eying in the supermarket is too expensive? Simply use the app to discreetly scan the product’s barcode – and you’ll know how much it goes for on Amazon in an instant.
The Amazon Mobile app also gives you access to your existing shopping cart on Amazon, wish lists, payment, order history, 1-Click setting, and more. All in all — while it’d be nice to see a Holo makeover, the app is as close as it gets to getting the full Amazon shopping experience.