It was a busy, busy week for Android lovers, with everything from exciting product launches, to category-defining products, a new version of Android, and glimpses of what’s to come. These are the big stories, the essence of an entire week in just a few phrases. It’s must read Android.
The most popular operating system of all times just made its first billion.
What a delicious surprise from Google – Android 4.4 will bear the name of the popular Nestle candy bar, and Google wants it to be available to everybody!
- New Nexus 5 spotted at KitKat Android statue unveiling?
- The Nexus 5 may have just passed through the FCC
Oops! A Googler got himself filmed casually using the next Nexus smartphone at the unveiling of the KitKat statue. The same device may have made an appearance at the FCC.
- HTC Desire 601 official: specs, features, release date and pricing
- HTC Desire 300 official: specs, features, release date and pricing
- Vivid Blue HTC One and HTC BoomBass accessory unveiled
HTC unveiled several mid-rangers and a snazzy new color option for the HTC One, but will it be enough with all the competition?
- How the Microsoft/Nokia deal (doesn’t) affect Android
- Former Nokia CEO founds Newkia, aims to create the Nokia Android phone you’ve always dreamed of
Now that Nokia is a Microsoft company (all hail Stephen Elop), the last hope for those who don’t agree with the direction is to start over. Enter Newkia.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs and features now official
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) specs, features, release date and pricing official
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch: specs, pics, video, and all the details!
With the usual fanfare, Samsung introduced a trio of new devices ahead of IFA, and we’ve got the lowdown for you.
The G Pad 8.3 is a sleek peace of technology, with its metal body and Full HD display. A few nice software features complete the package.
- Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) specs and features official
- New Sony QX series “attachable lens” cameras now official
Sony made quite a splash with the Xperia Z1 and its QX10 and QX100 lens accessories. Photo bugs, is this your dream phone?
What’s the biggest story in Android this week? Tell us in the comments.