Motorola Xoom Vs Apple iPad: Review & Specs
The advent of Google Android OS has given new incentive and opportunity for manufacturers to produce tablets with exciting features. And now, with Google launching the new Honeycomb OS, which is exclusively designed for tablets, things are looking up for Android lovers world-wide. The Motorola Xoom is looking it has what it takes to be a serious contender in the tablet wars of 2011.
Apple iPad VS Motorola Xoom:
1) Screen – The iPad has a 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology and 1024 x 768 resolution. Motorola Xoom comes with a massive 10.1-inch dispaly with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels and a 160 dpi pixel density.
2) Operating System – iPad runs on a Apple iOS 4.2 with multi tasking. Here, Motorola Xoom beats iPad with Android Honeycomb OS, which is specially designed for tablets with an attractive User Interface. Also it allows installing third party applications.
3) Processor and RAM – Apple iPad has 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed processor with 256MB of RAM. Here also Motorola Xoom overtakes with a Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core processor and an extra large 1GB RAM.
4) Camera – You can’t believe this, Apple iPad doesn’t have camera. But look at Xoom, it boasts dual cameras, 5 MP rear-facing camera with dual LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera for video chatting.
5) Memory and SD card – Apple iPad is available in 16Gb, 32Gb, and 64Gb models. But Xoom offers 32 GB in-built memory and a micro SD slot which supports upto 32 GB. So, Xoom will offer a total of 64 GB memory.
6) Applications – Apple iPad users can access to the Apple App Store, where more than 10,000 apps are available for downloads. Motorola Xoom can download apps from Android Market, where the number of apps is less when compared to Apple App Store
7) Flash support – Flash is an essential component while surfing. But the Apple iPad doesn’t support Adobe Flash. Where as, Xoom supports Flash Player 10.1.
8) Battery – Apple iPad battery life of up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music. The Xoom tablet also offers 10 hour video playback.
What do you think? Does the Xoom deserve the wait and your hard earned dollars this year? Motorola has claimed that they believe they will sell 800,000 this year. Only time will tell of course, but for now, it’s looking like they may have a good shot!