By Michael Oryl October 29, 2008 0 0 0 134 According to a Wall Street Journal story, Motorola’s new CEO, Sanjay Jha, will announce tomorrow that his company will focus on the Android platform for its top end handsets. While Moto will continue to use its own platform for lower end devices, and will also continue to use Windows Mobile for some of its smartphones, the other platforms, such as UIQ on Symbian, will be dropped. Jha had told employees earlier in the year that the company was going to support only three platforms in the future, though he had not indicated which three would survive.Advertisement It is common knowledge that Motorola is already working on an Android powered device. The Wall Street Journal says that it will not be available until next year, and that the change in supported platforms will mean that some devices that are already in development will be dropped. 0 0 0 previous postRC28 T-Mobile G1 update halted, RC29 on its waynext postASUS to launch Android phone next year?