Motorola pushes out new software update for Photon Q 4G LTE
Jelly, is that you? Sorry, the latest update heading to Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE on Sprint isn’t the bump up to Android 4.1 that you may have expected. But let’s not pass up the opportunity to make the slider handset runs better. What’s new then?
According to the changelog, software update version 77.8.10.XT897 for the Photon Q 4G LTE will bring the following enhancements:
- Text Messaging – Improved text messaging usage and upgradability through Sprint Zone
- WiFi Hotspot – Improved hotspot security, select the number of connected users
- Email – Improved email sending functionality, manually send or auto-sync emails from outbox
- International texting – Seamless international text messaging
- Youtube app – Faster launch and playback
- Chrome for Android – Better browsing functionality
The update isn’t that big and is only about 50 MB in file size. You should be getting a notification on your Photon Q 4G LTE to download and install the file. If not, you can check manually on the phone’s “System updates” menu.
As for Android 4.1, Motorola hasn’t provided a timeline on when the QWERTY phone will be upgraded to the latest OS.
Speaking of this non-Jelly Bean update, have you received the update notification yet on your phone?