Droid owners, it’s time to start getting excited. Rumor has it that the new OTA update that is being rolled out right now is said to be part 1 of 2 and is actually a preparation for the update to 2.1. The first OTA update, coming in at 61MB, was previously reported to have fixed a Facebook app glitch that prevented users from downloading the latest version. While this is true, the sheer size of the update seems to offer more than a minor glitch fix. After a little digging, people are also reporting that all internal testing is done for 2.1 on the Droid and that they are indeed preparing to roll it out before the end of the month. This information is in line with what was reported back in December stating that the 2.1 update for Droid would be arriving on January 22nd. Cross your fingers!
Motorola Droid OTA update leading to 2.1 release?
From the forums
- buying nexus 6 8 Replies on Nexus Smartphones
- Well i just bought a Xiaomi Mi3 18 Replies on Other Smartphone Discussion
- Will my device see a new(er) version of... 1 Replies on Android 4.1/ 4.2/ 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Bunnies & Cats: The next era of cases! 10 Replies on General Technology News and Discussion
- The 'Off Topic' Lounge 281 Replies on Off Topic Lounge
- 1.Nexus 6 officially announced: everything you need to know
- 2.#Bendgate: HTC, Samsung, and LG rub salt into Apple’s wounds
- 3.Galaxy Note 4 review: Samsung’s true flagship
- 4.6 common problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and how to fix them
- 5.One (M8) comes last, Note 3 first in Consumer Reports bend test