Droid owners, it’s time to start getting excited. Rumor has it that the new OTA update that is being rolled out right now is said to be part 1 of 2 and is actually a preparation for the update to 2.1. The first OTA update, coming in at 61MB, was previously reported to have fixed a Facebook app glitch that prevented users from downloading the latest version. While this is true, the sheer size of the update seems to offer more than a minor glitch fix. After a little digging, people are also reporting that all internal testing is done for 2.1 on the Droid and that they are indeed preparing to roll it out before the end of the month. This information is in line with what was reported back in December stating that the 2.1 update for Droid would be arriving on January 22nd. Cross your fingers!
Motorola Droid OTA update leading to 2.1 release?
From the forums
- Are u interested in a thread for... 1 Replies on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Air view not working on Note 3 1 Replies on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Question! 3 Replies on Android Q&A
- One Plus One Invite (Expired) 4 Replies on OnePlus Smartphones
- COACH APP for S-HEALTH on my s5...and I... 1 Replies on Android Q&A
- 1.8 best developers of icon packs for Android
- 2.Note 4 render lands in our inbox: real or fake?
- 3.New-in-box Nexus 7 (2013) for as little as $99, via Staples
- 4.Android smartphone owners watch the most porn on their phone
- 5.(Update: it’s back) Google pulled popular music player Rocket Player off the Play Store