If you’re looking to replace your custom launcher with something better, your search is over. MOTOBLUR is a custom launcher that you might want to try out. Bloatware-free and Ice Cream Sandwich ready, don’t let that name fool you. It can be installed on more than just Motorola devices; in fact, it can be installed on any Android Phone. Read to to know how to install MOTOBLUR on your device.
Though there is no dearth of custom launchers for your Android device, most custom launchers aren’t worth your time. Some of them are loaded with bloatware that ends up being useless to you and your device, eating up precious space, and giving you terrible performance.
MOTOBLUR was once considered as one of the best custom launchers in the Android community but users started realizing that the custom launcher was just too heavy for their devices. Now, it’s back with a vengeance and ready to reclaim its title as a great custom launcher.
XDA Developers member RockoDev has made some modifications to MOTOBLUR by trimming bits off and adding some improvements to give users a reason to use it over other launchers. What’s even better is that MOTOBLUR is not exclusive for Motorola devices and can now be installed on any Android phone. You read that right. You can install MOTOBLUR on any Android phone as long as it’s running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you think MOTOBLUR is worth a try, keep on reading for our easy guide for installing it on your device.
Here are the things that you will need to install MOTOBLUR launcher. There are two ways to install the launcher, just choose the method that best suits you.
- An Android device running Android 4.0+ Ice Cream Sandwich
- USB drivers for your phone properly installed on your PC
- ADB installed on your computer (required if you install via ADB)
- Download (for installing via ADB) Home.apk / MotoAtlauncher.apk
- Download (for installing via ClockworkMod Recovery) Home.zip / MotoAtlauncher.zip
Use this guide at your own risk. We will NOT be held liable for any damage on your device as a result of using this guide.
You can install MOTOBLUR launcher through either ADB or ClockworkMod Recovery.
Installing via ADB
- Connect your Android phone to your computer.
- If you have already installed ADB in your computer, open a command prompt and type in the following commands. Be careful not to type unnecessary spaces. Replace
[name of apk]in the second command below with the actual name of the APK file.
adb push [name of apk] /system/app
- After that you are good to go.
Installing via ClockworkMod Recovery
- Transfer the ZIP file of your choice to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard and choose the zip file that you have transferred.
- Once the installation is complete, select Go back.
- Select reboot system now to reboot your device.
Congratulations! You now have MOTOBLUR on your Android phone.