MIUI 4 Ported to Galaxy Note [How To]
If you’re waiting for the MIUI 4 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note then your wait will soon be finally over, thanks to AdyScorpius of XDA Developers Forum. The MIUI 4 ROM is base on Cyanogenmod 9 so expect to see some bugs that you can see there.
If you want to try the MIUI 4, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy Note (Clockworkmod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the MIUI_ICS_alpha1_eybee1970.zip file here.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery: press and hold the Volume up + Home + Power button.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the MIUI_ICS_alpha1_eybee1970.zip to start flashing the MIUI 4 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, enjoy exploring your new Samsung Galaxy Note running on MIUI 4.