Motorola Photon 4G users will finally get MIUI V4, thanks to Jmaserang of XDA Developers Forum who ported the ROM. This MIUI ROM is known to their beautiful user interface and extra features but this is still in its Alpha state so expect some features that doesn’t work.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Motorola Photon 4G (rooted and Clockworkmod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the miuiv4.3.zip to your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the miuiv4.3.zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery mode.
- Once you’re in the recovery mode, do a Nandroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore> Backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the miuiv4.3.zip to start flashing the MIUI 4 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Once your Motorola Photon 4G boot up, it will now run in MIUI V4 ROM, Enjoy!