Once again the HTC Wildfire will get another new ROM called MIUI 4, thanks to stelios97 of XDA Developers Forum who ported it. With this ROM you’ll get to experience the features of Ice Cream Sandwich and the beautiful user interface of MIUI ROM. Here are some of the screenshots.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Wildfire (ClockworkMod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the MIUI v4-Alpha2.zip file on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to ClockworkMod recovery: press and hold the Volume Down & the Power button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press the Power button to select.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the MIUI v4-Alpha2.zip to start flashing the MIUI 4 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated your HTC Wildfire on MIUI 4, enjoy exploring your phone. Cheers!