Torso is a new ultra-portable charging cable for smartphones and other mobile devices that has plenty of other useful features, although to become reality it’s currently raising money on Kickstarter.
As you can see in the video above, Torso (the successor of Twig, a similar project) has a very small profile, which means you won’t have to deal with cable hassles while travelling, In addition to charging the battery of your smartphone, smartwatch, and other mobile devices, Torso will offer other modes, as follows (all of them are shown off in the video):
- Ultra-portable mode: Sync and charge on the go.
- Wall charger mode: Charge your phone right on the outlet.
- Tripod mode: Snap fun tripod photos on the go.
- Tripod mode: Pose for perfect self-timer (or Pebble assisted) photos.
- Tripod mode: FaceTime with friends: on the go and hands-free!
- Cord Wrap mode: Save space with the best earbud cord wrap.
- Widescreen mode: Watch a movie or the game in widescreen mode.
However, some of these modes that require Torso to support the weight of a device will not work with heavier devices like tablets. Still, in such a case Torso will still make a great cable to carry around.
With 29 days to go, Torso still needs almost $29,000 of its $50,000 goal. In case you want to help, head on over to Kickstarter (via Source link below) and submit your pledge – you can contribute from $15 to $25. The $15 tier includes a microUSB Torso, with free shipping to the U.S. (at some point in April 2014, assuming the campaign reaches its goal).
Are you buying the Torso?