Manually update your Nexus One to Android 2.2 Froyo
That didn’t take long. The over the air (OTA) update for Froyo on the Nexus One just started last night, and already somebody has found the update file on a Google server (for the T-Mobile version, at least). The Google link comes from XDA-Developers, and the directions below are taken from an old AndroidCentral post. The safest way to get the Froyo update is to just wait for it to come OTA, of course. Do the manual update at your own risk….
- Download the update zip file from Google.
- Rename the file to update.zip.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
- On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.
[via Android Police]