Nexus S is one of the lucky devices that will receive an official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. The long wait is over as Google has finally released this update. If you want to update your Nexus S manually, you've come to the right place. Just follow these simple steps in manually updating your Nexus S.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- T-Mobile Nexus S
- USB Data Cable
- First, Download OTA package here http://android.clients.google.com/pa…o/VQ8PQk_V.zip
- Then, rename it update.zip
- Next, connect your phone to the computer with your USB Data Cable.
- Copy the update.zip file to the root of your SD card.
- After, you have copied the file, disconnect your phone to your computer and turn it off.
- Go to the bootloader by pressing and holding the volume up button and the power button at the same time.
- Once your in the bootloader, select Recovery. To navigate, press the volume up and down and to select, press the power button.
- You should see a warning Android logo after selecting the recovery. When you see the warning logo, press the volume up and power button again to go to the Menu.
- From the menu, select “Apply update from /sdcard”, and choose update.zip from the list.
- Your phone will then update itself.
- Once finished, go back and select reboot.
- Congratulations! You have now updated your Nexus S to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.
XDA Developers Forum