Lookout Mobile Security has officially announced its expansion of coverage to Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and its expanded protection for Telstra subscribers.
“Mobile threats don’t discriminate based on where you are. They tend to be global, affecting people around the world,” said John Hering, Lookout’s CEO and co-founder. Canada, Australia, and the U.K. will be the first of many countries that will come under Lookout’s shield.
The company also announced its partnership with Telstra, bringing protection from threats and securing important information on consumers’ mobile phones. Telstra’s consumers can access Lookout Mobile Security via the Android Market. The app will also come preloaded on some selected Telstra devices.
Lookout Mobile Security is powered by Mobile Threat Network. It is a cloud-based network which analyzes and identifies threats quickly and provides over-the-air updates. This network scans billions of apps and blocks threats from invading mobile devices.
You can try the premium version of Lookout Security and Antivirus for free from the Android Market and enjoy some of the following features:
- Block suspicious sites from links in text messages or on the web
- Remotely lock your phone
- Identify apps that access your private data, such as contacts, location, and SMS text
- Backup and restore photos, call history, and contacts
After the trial version, the app will automatically switch back to free version which offers:
- Blocking of malware, spyware, and trojans
- Scanning of apps you download
- Locating lost phones on Google Maps
- Activating loud alarm on your phone
- Securing and restoring backup contacts through myLookout.com
With increasing threats lurking just around the corner, will you employ Lookout’s help to protect your phone? Why or why not?