A job opening appeared recently on Logitech’s job board seeking a “super-star” engineer with a strong background in Android application development, an ability to create “elegant UIs that are the window into a world of web based streaming media” and experience with embedded Linux devices. From the description, we can surmise that Logitech is designing an embedded Linux device which is powered by Android and supports web based content and streaming media services. The possibilities for this device are many – is Logitech cooking up its own Android-flavored Roku box, will the Harmony remote come packing Android or will its yet-to-be released Squeezebox receive an Android refresh? The job description hints that the device may hit the market in a year from now, so we have ample time to pontificate.
Logitech planning an Android-powered streaming media device?
From the forums
- 1.#Bendgate: HTC, Samsung, and LG rub salt into Apple’s wounds
- 2.One (M8) comes last, Note 3 first in Consumer Reports bend test
- 3.Videos: Note 3 survives the test that bent the iPhone 6 Plus
- 4.Sony toying with stock Android ROMs for its major devices
- 5.More Nexus 6 details reportedly leak, alongside a mock-up image of the device