A job opening appeared recently on Logitech’s job board seeking a “super-star” engineer with a strong background in Android application development, an ability to create “elegant UIs that are the window into a world of web based streaming media” and experience with embedded Linux devices. From the description, we can surmise that Logitech is designing an embedded Linux device which is powered by Android and supports web based content and streaming media services. The possibilities for this device are many – is Logitech cooking up its own Android-flavored Roku box, will the Harmony remote come packing Android or will its yet-to-be released Squeezebox receive an Android refresh? The job description hints that the device may hit the market in a year from now, so we have ample time to pontificate.
Logitech planning an Android-powered streaming media device?
From the forums
- 1.Nexus 6 officially announced: everything you need to know
- 2.#Bendgate: HTC, Samsung, and LG rub salt into Apple’s wounds
- 3.Galaxy Note 4 review: Samsung’s true flagship
- 4.6 common problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and how to fix them
- 5.One (M8) comes last, Note 3 first in Consumer Reports bend test