It’s been pretty quiet for LG Thrill owners since the Gingerbread 2.3 update last year, in fact I’m not sure how many of you still own an LG Thrill at this point. But anyway, those loyal to their LG handset will be pleased to learn that they’ll be receiving an Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) update.
AT&T released an official support document which details the agreement with LG to see the phone updated, and contains information on the additional software content that will be finding its way to the handset alongside the new ICS features.
According to the changelog from AT&T the update will include the following:
- QuickMemo: Instantly capture any screen image on your phone, so you can add comments, drawings, humor&and share your personalized message with everyone.
- Cheese Shutter: Activate the Cheese Shutter camera setting and take photos or self-portraits simply by saying Cheese.
- New Lock Screen Actions: Conveniently jump directly to a specific application without unlocking the homescreen.
- Home Screen Folder and Favorites Tray: Group your apps and shortcuts logically by simply dragging one onto another.
- Redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor: Easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos than ever before.
- Quick Setting Buttons: From the Notification Bar you can now set shortcuts to many features such as Bluetooth Toggle, Wi-Fi Toggle, Sound Toggle, Airplane Mode, and more.
It’s always great to see an old smartphone receive a new lease of life, but this does seem like a rather odd handset to update considering that some more popular handsets are still sitting on older versions of Android. Kudos to LG and AT&T I suppose.
If you’re an LG Thrill owner then you’ll need to use LG’s Mobile Support Tool to install ICS, as the update isn’t won’t be coming OTA.