LG Optimus G Pro official specs [MWC 2013]
LG is on a comeback of sorts. In the past months, the Korean phone maker has taken some big steps towards establishing itself as a top high-end Android manufacturer. With all the availability problems, the Google-branded Nexus 4 proved a hit, while the Optimus G has impressed everybody with its top specs and stylish design.
But time moves so fast in the Android world. Just months after the Optimus G was launched, LG unveiled the Optimus G Pro, a faster, bigger device squarely targeted at Samsung’s pen-equipped Galaxy Note 2.
At MWC 2013, we’ve had the opportunity to take the LG Optimus G Pro for a quick spin. The device, which was first announced on February 12, is an impressive piece of equipment, powered by Qualcomm’s newest processor and sporting an eye-pleasing 5.5-inch full HD display.
Official specifications of the Optimus G Pro
- Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4 mm (5.91 x 3.00 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 160 g (5.64 oz.)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, quad-core 1.7GHz Krait, Adreno 320 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Display: 5.5 inch, Super IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD), 401ppi
- Storage: 32GB, extensible via microSDXC, up to 32GB
- Battery: 3,140mAh, removable, wireless charging optional
- Main camera: 13 MP, autofocus, LED flash, 360o panorama, dual recording
- Front camera: 2.1MP, [email protected]
- Networks: GPRS/EDGE, HSDPA/HSUPA, LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 A2DP, A-GPS, microUSB 2 (MHL), USB host
- OS: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Optimus UI
Our Darcy LaCouvee has enjoyed some quality time with the LG Optimus G Pro. We will be soon publishing his first impressions and a hands-on video. For more images of the LG Optimus G Pro check out our hands-on photo gallery. Stay tuned for versus posts and more coverage!