The LG G2 may have traveled up to the stratosphere, but back on the ground, we still don’t know when we, or rather, those of us outside South Korea (where the smartphone has already released), can get our hands on the highly-anticipated device. We know that pre-order pages for the LG G2 have gone up in the UK (Clove), and in the US for the unlocked version, along with a sign-up page for the Verizon version, which indicates that the smartphone is on its way soon. How soon? At some point this month!
LG Electronics has announced in a press release that the LG G2 will be releasing in two of the company’s key markets, the US and Germany, at some unknown point in September, with a global rollout to follow soon after. Verizon already has the sign-up page for the G2 online, which also promises an exclusive wireless charging feature, and we know that all other major network carriers in the US will be selling the LG G2 as well. Following the official press release from LG, we can expect to see similar announcements from the network providers soon as well.
As a reminder, here are some of the specs the LG G2 features –
- 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display with 1080p resolution (423 ppi)
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 13MP rear camera with OIS, 2.1MP front camera
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Don’t forget to check out our detailed hands-on review of the LG G2 and its numerous features here –
LG G2 SMARTPHONE READIED FOR GLOBAL ROLLOUT
“The positive market feedback after the initial launch in Korea proved to us that the LG G2’s consumer-oriented innovation does resonate with customers,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The LG G2 was developed as a global device for a global audience, beyond the scope of any smartphone we’ve introduced to date. I’m confident consumers will see the difference.”
Significant hardware features of the LG G2, which was developed based on LG’s in-depth research of consumer lifestyles and behaviors, include an intuitive and highly functional Rear Key, edge-to-edge 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display with minimal bezel and long-lasting 3,000mAh battery. LG G2 will be the first smartphone launching worldwide that incorporates the industry-leading Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 Processor.
Equipped with a 13MP Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), the LG G2 is able to capture clear images even when in motion or in dim lighting. With the ability to take 1080p videos at 60fps, it has set a high bar for other smartphones. In addition, LG G2 offers 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound, far superior to a CD.
Backed by powerful hardware features, the LG G2 comes with a number of compelling user experience (UX) features that provide the most practical value such as Answer Me, Plug & Pop, QuickRemote and Guest Mode.
- Answer Me automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop automatically recommends options that are most likely to be used when a headset or USB cable is detected.
- QuickRemote gives the LG G2 the ability to remotely control all IR devices including TV, Home Thearter, Air Conditioner, Stereo etc. as well as learn from conventional remotes and can be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Guest Mode protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
The LG G2 will be showcased in Hall 11.2 at IFA 2013 starting on September 6 in Berlin, Germany.