Want to update your HTC Sensation to the latest Ice Cream Sandwich the easiest way? Then it’s your lucky day, because we found a program called ROM Update Utility (RUU) that will let you to update your phone easily and we will also add steps on how to retain your rooted phone after the update.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Disable Fastboot. Settings > Power > Fastboot
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Sensation
- USB Data Cable
- Computer (HTC Driver installed)
- First, download the RUU_PYRAMID_ICS file on your computer.
- Then, download and install the OTA Rootkeeper if you have rooted phone. Run the OTA Rootkeeper to backup your root so that you can restore your phone to rooted state after the update. (if your not rooted skip this step).
- Next, turn off your phone.
- Go to bootloader: press and hold the volume down + power button. You should see hboot and fastboot highlighted on the screen.
- Connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Double click the RUU_PYRAMID_ICS to run the program.
- Then, follow the instructions you will see in the RUU program to update your phone.
- Once finished, disconnect your phone to the computer.
- You finally updated your phone with the leaked ICS RUU firmware. Now, to restore your phone to rooted state download and install the OTA Rootkeeper again.
- Select the restore root to root your phone.
- Go to Android Market and download and install the Superuser app, open it and update the SU binary.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated your phone with the leaked Ice Cream Sandwich RUU and also rooted your phone. Enjoy!