The Amazon Kindle Fire rocked the market by offering consumers a well-priced tablet with decent specs. The device gets even better with the new MIUI 4 ROM running on the device.
XDA Developers member acax456 introduces the new MIUI.us version 22.214.171.124.2.3 for the Kindle Fire. The ROM is based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and brings the new Android ICS experience with a twist of MIUI right on your Amazon tablet.
Most of ICS’s features are working perfectly except for the following:
- USB Tethering
- Static Wallpapers
- Hardware accelerated graphics
The ROM is still in alpha development, which means that it may still contain a lot of kinks. The good news is that one can expect things to get better from here.
If you want ICS running on your Amazon tablet, read and follow our step-by-step guide on how to flash MIUI.us 126.96.36.199.2.3 on your Kindle Fire.
- A rooted Kindle Fire with TWRP Recovery (preferred) or ClockworkMod Recovery installed. (Check our guide for rooting the Kindle Fire.)
- Download the MIUI.us 188.8.131.52.2.3 ICS ROM here (MIUI.us_blaze_4.0.3-2.2.3-alpha_0xD34D.zip, 122 MB)
- Protect your phone data and files by creating a backup.
- Maintain at least 70% battery power to make the device last throughout the entire procedure.
- Disable system tools such as antivirus software and firewall programs while flashing the ROM.
- Hook your Amazon Kindle Fire to the computer via USB cable.
- Copy the MIUI.us ROM to your tablet’s SD card.
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Turn your device off and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode. To do that you will need to press the Power button to power on your tablet. When the triangle appears on the screen, tap the Power button again to boot into recovery mode.
- Make a backup of your currently working ROM.
- Do a factory reset by selecting Wipe > Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu. (Use the Back key.)
- Select Install and choose the MIUI.us ROM that you copied earlier to your tablet.
- Tap the Flash button on the screen to begin installation.
- Go back to the main screen and select Wipe Cache/Dalvik and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot. The tablet may take some time (around 20 minutes) to completely boot. This is normal.
Congratulations, you have successfully sweetened your Amazon Kindle Fire with the MIUI.us 184.108.40.206.2.3 ROM with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich underneath.