Kindle Fire users will be happy to know that there will be an Ice Cream Sandwich update on their device. The ROM is called ENERGY which is based on Cyanogenmod 9. Thanks to NRGZ28 of XDA Developers Forum we can now experience the ICS feature and its beautiful interface.
If you want to try this ROM, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Kindle Fire with TWRP recovery installed
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the energy 3.6.2012.kindle.fire.cm9.ics.zip on your computer.
- Then, Connect your Kindle Fire to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, Copy the energy 3.6.2012.kindle.fire.cm9.ics.zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire to the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to Recovery: To do this, turn off the phone, then power it on. When the yellow triangle appears, press and hold the power button until the light turns orange and then release.
- Once you’re in recovery, do a full wipe: select the wipe> Factory Reset.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install> then select the energy 3.6.2012.kindle.fire.cm9.ics.zip to start flashing the Energy ROM (CM9).
- Finally, go back and select reboot> system to reboot your device.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Cyanogenmod 9 to your Kindle Fire. Enjoy exploring your new device.