The HTC Wildfire S is still alive and kicking with this new HTC Sense 3.5 update called JxMatteo, thanks to matt5eo of XDA Developers Forum. This new update comes with new features like the following:
- HTC Sense 3.5
- FM Radio
- HTC Hub
just follow the simple steps below in updating your phone.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Wildfire (CWM recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, Download the rom file and overcloak kernel on your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the Rom and Kernel zip files to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn it off.
- Go to recovery mode: press and hold the Volume down and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it.
- Once your in Clockworkmod recovery main menu, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM.
- Go back to main menu and perform a Full wipe by wiping the following:
- wipe data> factory reset.
- wipe cache partition.
- advance> wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main menu and select install zip from SD card> then select the ROM zip fileyou downloaded earlier to start updating your phone.
- (optional) if you want to overclock your phone select install zip from SD card> then select the overclock kernel zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Finally, go back to main menu again and select reboot system now.
Congratulations you have successfully updated your HTC Wildfire ROM to HTC Sense 3.5 ROM, Cheers.