You can now install the new Clockworkmod recovery 220.127.116.11 on you Transformer Prime. The update has a lot of changes and improvements like the following:
- Possibly fixes bricks (by properly restoring boot.img).
- Correctly comes with Staging/System unmounted.
- Nandroid Restores properly the boot.img (of backups created with this CWM). This means no more issues when restoring a Rom if you are coming from another from (for example, if you are restoring Virtuous after wiping CM9).
- Backups are now about 10x faster.
- Restores are a bit faster (not as dramatic as backups).
CWM Recovery lets you flash Custom ROMs and other hacks on android so that you can customize your phone more.
If you want to update your Clockworkmod recovery, just follow the either methods below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Transformer Prime (root)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install the ROM Manager on Android Market/Google Play.
- Then, Open the ROM Manager and grant it root access, select the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option and follow instructions to get the latest aka 18.104.22.168 version of CWM.
- First, download the wintools.zip on your computer.
- Then, extract the zip file using Winzip/Winrar. you should get the Tools folder.
- Next, download the recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-tf201.img file on your computer.
- Rename the recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-tf201.img file to recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-tf201.blob (If you are unable to see the file .img part of the filename, go to Control Panel » Folder Options » View tab » Uncheck the Hide extensions for known file types option and press OK).
- Copy the renamed recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-tf201.blob file to the tools folder you extracted earlier.
- Turn off your Transformer Prime.
- Go to Fastboot: Press and hold the Volume down + Power button.
- Connect the Transformer Prime to your Computer.
- On your computer, go to command prompt : Start> Accessories> command prompt.
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-tf201.blob
- After the flashing is completed, type fastboot reboot on command prompt to reboot your Transformer Prime.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Transformer Prime.