Who said that only popular phones get ICS update, Ideos X5 U8800 users were lucky enough to get it thanks to dzo of XDA Developers Forum for porting it. This ROM is based on Qualrom Code Aurora so expect to see some bugs but this can be use as a daily ROM as well.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Ideos X5 U8800 (rooted and Clockworkmod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the aurora_1.10.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the aurora_1.10.zip to start flashing the Aurora ICS ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy your Ideos X5 running on Aurora ICS. Cheers!