Asus Transformer users will be happy to flash this new ROM called Revolver 4, thanks to gnufabio of XDA Developers Forum. With this custom ROM you can use all the features of Ice Cream Sandwich including the Face Unlock. You can also add some plugins to make your device even better. Here are some of the screenshots.
Here are the main features:
- Faster than the stock
- Speed up & optimizations
- Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
- Face unlock
- Advanced power dialog
If you want to try the Revolver 4, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Asus Transformer (rooted and Clockworkmod recovery installed)
- USB Data cable
- First, download the Revolver4_Beta_1.3.zip file on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device to the computer.
- turn off your device.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the Revolver4_Beta_1.3.zip to start flashing the Revolver 4 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, enjoy exploring your new Asus Transformer running on Revolver 4 ROM.