The latest official RUU 3.12.405.1 from HTC brings not just HTC Sense 3.0 but also Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Said to be faster and more improved than earlier releases, the said RUU provides more stability to the HTC Inspire 4G.
If you’re using an HTC Inspire 4G, you can enjoy the benefits of RUU 3.12.405.1 on your Android phone–and more. Through Android Revolution HD 6.3.2, you get a custom ROM that carries numerous improvements and modifications that will make your HTC Inspire 4G more inspiring than ever.
According to XDA Developers member mike1986, who spearheads the ROM’s development, nothing has been changed as far as visuals are concerned. So, it’s still pretty much HTC Sense. However, the ROM is said to be streamlined, stable, and very fast. It also includes kernel 22.214.171.124 and several kernel tweaks and hacks to ensure that your HTC Inspire 4G gets the most out of its hardware.
Apart from those, full GPU rendering is also activated. The ROM is also already rooted, has an unsecured boot.img, the latest BusyBox, various speed and RAM optimizations, updated system apps, excellent battery life, support for EXT4 SD card partitions, 4EXT Recovery, and many other juicy improvements that you’d only get through a custom ROM such as Android Revolution HD 6.3.2.
Check the rest of this guide and learn how to upgrade your HTC Inspire 4G to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.0 by flashing Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM.
- HTC Inspire 4G — rooted and with ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 or higher. See our guide for rooting the HTC Inspire 4G.
- Create a backup of your mobile phone data or transfer all files to the phone’s SD card. This will ensure your files are kept safe in case they get corrupted or erased during the flashing procedure.
- Charge your battery at 60% or more to ensure that your phone has enough power throughout the entire flashing procedure.
- Click here to download the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2. ROM (Android_Revolution_HD-4G_6.3.2.zip, 308 MB)
- Click here to download the Super Wipe script (Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe.zip, 144 kB).
Warning and Disclaimer
- The instructions in this guide are designed to work with the HTC Inspire 4G. Do not try these instructions on another device.
- Follow this guide at your own risk. You alone will be responsible for any damage to your HTC Inspire 4G.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM and Super Wipe script files from the links provided above. Do not extract the ZIP files.
- Using your USB cable, connect your HTC Inspire 4G to the computer.
- Copy the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM and Super Wipe script to the phone’s SD card. Make sure you don’t place them inside a folder.
- Unplug your phone from the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your HTC Inspire 4G into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. To do that, press the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously until recovery boots.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your current system through Backup and restore > Backup.
- From the main recovery menu, select Install zip from sd card > Choose zip from sd card, then select the Super Wipe package. Confirm the action to begin flashing the file to the phone.
- Repeat step 8, but use the Android Revolution HD ROM package instead.
- Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “Reboot system now” to restart your phone.
Well done! You have successfully installed Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.0 on your HTC Inspire 4G via the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 custom ROM.