Flash Sense-less Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on HTC Inspire 4G via Android Revolution HD custom ROM
If you want your HTC Inspire 4G to go completely Sense-less, while at the same time enjoying the latest Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, then look no further.
Thanks to the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 custom ROM, you can enjoy the latest Gingerbread for your HTC Inspire 4G, while breaking free of the stuffy and loaded HTC Sense UI.
XDA Developers member mike1986 gets the credit for Android Revolution HD 6.3.2, and offers you a way to cut away some of the excess fat from your system.
The no-Sense version of the ROM has eliminated several of the HTC Sense components such as the Rosie launcher, HTC Themes, HTC Widgets, and HTC Lockscreen. Through an alternative method, you can go further and also remove the Sense launcher, HTC Skins, HTC Hub, HTC Peep, HTC Recommends, HTC Reader, News and Weather app, Stock app, SMS/MMS app, Voice Dialer, and temp folders on the SD card.
It’s actually a great way to free up some storage and memory on your HTC Inspire 4G.
So, if you’re eager to enjoy Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread but not as eager to mingle with HTC Sense, go ahead and try the no-Sense Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 custom ROM.
- HTC Inspire 4G — rooted and with S-OFF. (If you need help, see our guide on how to root and enable S-OFF on the HTC Inspire 4G)
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 or higher on your phone.
- Back up all your precious personal phone data such as files, contacts, SMS, bookmarks, and Internet settings.
- Charge your battery to at least 50%.
Note: Use this guide at your own risk. We will not be held liable for any damage on your device as a result of following this guide.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 ROM (md5sum: B36BCD26759E358183D7D3CE6A76D8EB) to your computer. Do not extract the ZIP file.
- Download either Android_Revolution_HD_no-sense_0.16.zip (2.3 MB) or No-Sense++1.6.zip (4.6 MB) and save it to your computer. The second package removes more HTC components than the first one, so you might want to try that one first. Do not extract the ZIP file.
- Connect your phone to your computer and copy the ZIP files to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Power down your phone completely.
- With the phone turned off, hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone boots into recovery mode. When in recovery mode, use the Volume keys for navigation and the Power button for selection.
- Go to Backup and restore > Backup and create a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM.
- Select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard and select the Android Revolution ROM package. Confirm that you want to flash the package. Do not reboot your phone yet.
- Flash the no-Sense script package in the same manner as in step 8.
- Reboot your HTC Inspire 4G.
Good work You can now experience a Sense-free Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on your HTC Inspire 4G through the Android Revolution HD 6.3.2 custom ROM.