Currently, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has the fastest and smoothest interface among other Android versions. Jelly Bean brings great features like new accessibility features, Android beam and more. We know that you can't wait to get your phone up to date and show off to anyone who hasn't gotten their hands on the update yet. For you to get hold of these wonderful updates, supernewbdev, an XDA Forum Member, worked on a Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM based on the official JRO03E Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Nexus. Like you, we can't wait to get our hands on this new ROM, so we prepared the step-by-step instructions below for you to flaunt this new and great Android update to everyone you know!
However, currently there are minor bugs and issues on the ROM that are being dealt with. The ROM may not be suited for day-to-day use. Below are the following features that are currently being amended:
GPS can cause freezing.
It doesn't have Project Butter.
ICS features are not working.
USB mounting is not working
Debugging may not work.
In this guide, learn how to upgrade the Infuse 4G I997 to stock Jelly Bean build JRO03E.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G, model number SGH-I997. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM (an ICS ROM also reportedly works) and ClockworkMod Recovery installed:
- Download the port of build JRO03E of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM (Stock JB JRO03E.zip, 145.67 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded JRO03E ZIP file to the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into recovery by holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons at the same time. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button but keep the Volume keys pressed until recovery boots.
- NOTE: In recovery, use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select options.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Select Yes to confirm the action on the next screen and wait until the date wipe is compete.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card and then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Confirm the installation by navigating to Yes – Install Stock JB JRO03E.zip and select using the Power button.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to to reboot your phone by returning to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now. Once rebooted, your Samsung Infuse 4G will reboot into Android 4.1, Jelly Bean.
Congratulations! You have just updated your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 with stock Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build JRO03E.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.