One of the slimmest and most lightweight ROMs out there is the Slim Bean ROM. For Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 owners, this ROM is one-of-a-kind, as it is very small in size, light on resources, and has been stripped of the “useless” stuff that you can find in stock ROMs.
Even though its been stripped of its padding, it does not compromise on bringing you all the features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Slim Bean still manages to bring you a smooth user-interface, actionable notifications, smart keyboard, and the rest of the Jelly Bean features.
This is not the official ROM endorsed by Samsung and may still contains some disabled features and bugs. If you've always wanted to have an ultra-lightweight ROM, then this is your chance.
In this guide, learn how to upgrade the Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via Slim Bean custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G, model number SGH-I997. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 with ClockworkMod Recovery and running either Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean
- Download the following files and save them to your computer.
- Fully charged battery or a least 70% battery left.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together. Release the Power button when the Samsung logo appears on the screen but keep the Volume keys pressed until recovery boots.
- NOTE: Use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select an option in recovery.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm data wipe.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select Format /system.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card. Browse for the downloaded ROM package and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. The ROM will now start installing on your phone.
- Repeat step 8, but this time around select the GApps package file.
- After the ROM finishes installing, head back to the main recovery menu by selecting Go back then select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Slim Bean ROM on your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.