The Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 was Samsung's thinnest smartphone back then at only 8.99 mm. The phone was easy to slide in and out of pockets and it became one of the popular phones because of its power, aside from its thinness. It has been more than a year since the release of this phone and I bet some owners are still keeping in pace with the rest of the world as they upgrade their phone's OS from Froyo to Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich. But, what about Jelly Bean?
In today's guide, your Samsung Infuse 4G will be able to bask in all the goodness of Jelly Bean via a custom ROM — the MIUI.us ROM. Released by XDA Developers member Th3Bill, this MIUI.us ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10 with Jelly Bean features mixed in. The ROM is still in constant development and noticeable lags and jitters are also present.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via MIUI.us ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Infuse 4G, model number SGH-I997. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable
- Download the MIUI.us ROM package (MIUI.us.Aries_2.10.12_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip, md5sum: fe682f4dccf780fd49597613c62287c2)
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your device to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MIUI.us ROM package file to your phone's SD card.
- Switch the phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on and the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card. Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and navigate to the MIUI.us.Aries_2.10.12_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed MIUI.us ROM.
Great job! You Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 is now running on Jelly Bean via the MIUI.us ROM. How's the ROM working for you?
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.