Upgrade Samsung Infuse 4G to Android 2.3.6 Firmware UCLB1
It’s raining Samsung firmware leaks and this time, even the Samsung Infuse 4G gets an upgrade. Thanks to our friends on the XDA Developers Forum, Samsung Infuse 4G users now have a new firmware based on the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build UCLB1. The firmware can be flashed through Odin3, but users who have never tried this before have no need to worry. The process is very fast and simple.
Unfortunately, this firmware leak is only compatible with Samsung Infuse 4G model number I997 and should not be attempted on other phone models as it may lead to bricking. You may check your device’s model number through “Settings > About Phone.”
You’ll need a few things before you can apply the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread UCLB1 firmware to your Samsung Infuse 4G:
- Make sure you’ve backed up all important information on your phone in case data is lost or corrupted during the flashing process.
- If you have Samsung’s computer software KIES installed, uninstall it first as it may interrupt the flashing process.
- Make sure that you’ve got the appropriate device drivers installed on your computer. 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- UCLB1 firmware for Samsung Infuse 4G
- Odin3 1.7
- Make sure your device has a charge of at least 70% to prevent it from shutting down in the middle of the flashing process.
Here are the steps for upgrading your Samsung Infuse 4G to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware UCLB1:
- Download the UCLB1 firmware RAR file to your computer. (See link in Requirements section.)
- Extract the contents of the RAR file using 7zip, WinRAR, or other RAR archive extraction program. You should get these two files:
- SS_DL.dll (will not be used)
- Run Odin3 on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- If your phone is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode. You can do this by connecting the device to the PC via the USB cable while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys.
- If you have updated your device drivers, a text box on the bottom left of the Odin3 program should say “Added!”.
- If you do not get this message, disconnect your phone and install your phone’s drivers.
- In Odin3, click PDA, navigate to where you extracted the contents of the UCLB1 firmware archive and select the “I997UCLB1-Homebinary.tar.md5” file.
- Make sure to select both the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” check boxes.
- Click on the START button in Odin3 to begin the flashing procedure.
- Once it has finished flashing, your phone should automatically reboot. In Odin3, the upper left most box should give you a PASS message on a green background.
- You may disconnect your phone when you see the Samsung logo after the phone has rebooted.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Infuse 4G is now running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build UCLB1 firmware.