HTC Desire HD users can now enjoy their listening experience with the new Sony XLOUD engine from Sony Xperia ported by XxXPachaXxX of XDA Developers Forum. This sound engine enhances the loudspeaker of the following:
- Video sound
If you want to improve the audio quality of your Desire HD just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Desire HD (Rooted and Clockworkmod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the XLoudEngine_XxXPachaXxX_UNIVERSAL_Flashable_Zip.zip file to your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next. copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Go to recovery mode.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the XLoudEngine_XxXPachaXxX_UNIVERSAL_Flashable_Zip.zip and click “yes” to start installing the XLOUD Engine.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Now if you watched/listened to a videos or music you should notice the big improvement in the sound quality, enjoy!