HTC Desire S owner can now enjoy the delicious Ice Cream Sandwich ROM create by superkid of XDA Developers Forum. As all Custom ROMs this is not yet stable but working, here are the list of functions that works.
- Boots without any issue
- Live Wallpapers
- Phone works 2G/3G
- SD Card
- Advanced Power Menu
- 3D Games
- 3D Acceleration
- Video Playback
There are also some functions that’s not working like the camera and more. This Rom is currently being updated regularly so expect to see this ROM working perfectly soon.
If you want to try this ICS ROM, just follow the simple steps below in updating your HTC Desire S.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Desire S (rooted and have custom recovery)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download ICS Desire S BETA7R1 and Google Apps in your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer with your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the ICS Desire S BETA7R1 and Google Apps file to the root of your SD card.
- Once you’ve finished copying the files, disconnect your phone to your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to Recovery mode by pressing the volume down and power button to boot into hboot.
- Then, use the volume button to navigate to boot recovery and select it.
- Once you’re in Clockworkmod Recovery make a Nandroid Backup just incase something goes wrong, you can restore it back easily. To do this, from the main menu select Backup and Restore> Nandroid Backup.
- Go back to main menu select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition”.
- Next, go back to main menu and select the option of Install zip from sd card> Choose zip from sd card> then choose mdj_ics_saga_beta_7R1.zip to start updating your phone to Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.
- Finally, after a successful update go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.