It seems that Verizon Wireless has started sending out an over the air firmware update for DROID Eris users that will take the phone to the next level: Android 2.1!
Like past firmware updates, the roll-out will start small (1,000 users) and gradually build up over the course of the next week or so when all devices should have received the update.
Look after the jump for a full list of the updates features.
- Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and
- New support for voice-to-text entry.
- New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the
seven panels on your home screen.
- Additional calendar views and easier access to contacts make
navigating even quicker.
- Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced,
- With the Enhanced Android Market, you’ll enjoy a better
browsing experience as well as even more applications, including
Verizon Wireless content featuring self-service applications.
- Ability to log onto and access multiple Google accounts at once.
- Support for 19 Microsoft Exchange Server policies makes your
phone more secure and business friendly.
- Desk Clock intelligently dims your screen and displays the current
time while charging.
- Location-based cinematic full screen weather keeps you on top of
- Free Yahoo! Mail is now supported¡Xsimply sign in with your
Yahoo! email address and password.
- Longer battery life due to power savings.
- Improved YouTube video playback.
- Better Bluetooth support, including contact transfer.
- Automatic settings for POP3 verizon.net email accounts.
- Added support for stand-alone Wi-Fi when device is in
- Improved handset audio when disconnecting a wired headset.
- Faster power-up time.
- Improved swipe-unlock functionality.
- Added support for Microsoft Office 2007 documents.