On October 6th, HTC held a special party in London to introduce some new Beats infused devices. HTC had originally paid $300 million to Beats to get this deal and now we are finally seeing the results.
HTC Sense Inside
Instant capture camera:Remember that time you pressed the shutter button and had to wait while your smartphone finished taking the picture? With the instant capture camera, the moment you press the button is the same moment the photo is captured. Never let a great shot slip away.
Active lockscreen: HTC has transformed the lockscreen into a window to the good stuff on your phone – where you can check up on your portfolio, view your friend’s status, and more.
Richer Internet experience: Surf the web in style with multi-window browsing, a quick lookup tool for jumping to Wikipedia or YouTube and the latest Flash support for smooth video playback.
- Qualcomm MSM 8255
- 1.5 GHz
- Total internal phone storage: 16 GB
- Available storage: up to 12.64GB
- RAM: 768 MB
- 4.7-inch touch LCD screen with WVGA (480 x 800)
- Gorilla glass
- HSPA/WCDMA (850/900/2100 MHz)
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
- Gyro sensor
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth® 3.0 with support for the following profiles: FTP/OPP for file transfer, HSP/A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, HFP 1.5, AVRCP and PBAP
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to your TV or computer.
- 8 megapixel colour camera with BSI sensor, auto focus, f/2.2, 28mm lens and dual LED flash
- 720p HD video recording with stereo audio
- 1.3 MP fixed focus front camera
Audio supported formats
- Audio DSP Codec chip
- Playback: .aac, .amr,.mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9), SP-MIDI
- Recording: .amr, .aac, .mp3, .wav, .wma
Video supported formats
- Playback: H.263, H.264, MPEG-4,.wmv (Windows Media Video 9)
- Recording: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, .wmv
- Stereo sound video recording
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 1600 mAh
- Talk time: 140-410 minutes for WCDMA and 250-710 minutes for GSM
- Standby time: 230-460 hours for WCDMA and 230-360 hours for GSM
- Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5 V and 1 A
- Thin: Everything listed above in the spec’s will be shoved inside a 132.5 x 70.7 x 9.9 mm body.
- Screen Size: Not only is this phone going to be thin, it is sporting a 4.7″ screen.
- Massive CPU? Think Again: Did you read the title and think you were getting an incredible 1.5GHz dual-core CPU? If so, I am sorry to inform you that HTC has decided to pack 1.5GHz into a single core processor.
- Screen Resolution: After hearing how big the screen was going to be, we were looking forward to a 720p display. However, HTC has decided to go with a disappointing 480 x 800 pixel display.
If you can’t wait to hear more about this device, you can sign-up for more info from HTC here. How does this one stack up to the next slate of Android superphones? Does it have what it takes?