HTC One S coming to Cincinnati Bell on June 25, $199.99 after mail-in rebate
HTC’s second in command flagship phone, the One S, is making its way to Cincinnati Bell. The regional carrier has announced that the phone will be available starting June 25, and it is set to become Cincinnati Bell’s finest addition to its smartphone lineup — a spot that was previously held by the LG 2X.
The HTC One S is the thinnest out of the three One series. At a mere 7.8mm thickness, it also holds the honor of being HTC’s thinnest phone to date. Inside the sleek aluminum unibody design of the phone, you’ll find the same dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor that’s powering the HTC One X in the US. Consider yourselves lucky, US users, since the Asia-Pacific and European variants of the HTC One S use last year’s Snapdragon S3 processor due to component shortage.
Here are the key specs of the HTC One S:
- 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED touch screen with 540 x 960 resolution
- HTC Sense 4 integrated with the Android 4.0 operating system
- Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0, face detection, auto focus, smart LED flash, digital and optical zoom, and back-illuminated (BSI) sensor for better low-light captures
- Front-facing camera for video chat and self portraits
- Built-in Beats Audio technology for richer, more authentic sound experience
- Integrated Google™ services including Google Search by voice, YouTube and turn-by-turn directions with Google Maps
- 16 gigabytes of internal memory with 25GB of DropBox space, free for two years
- 1650 mAh embedded battery
Cincinnati Bell will offer the HTC One S for $199.99 on a two-year contract – and after a $100 mail-in rebate, which is not a very competitive price we must say. Nonetheless, are you interested in getting one?