It’s not that the design of the HTC One Max was a secret in the first place, but this new set of leaked images leaves little to the imagination.
In the pics below, for once, not blurry, we get close ups of the alleged fingerprint scanner, the pogo pin contacts, and the phone’s plastic edge, similar to that on the One Mini. We also get a pretty good idea of the One Max’ size in hand, as well as of the thickness of the phone, which seems to have a tapered profile.
The screen shot of the About section indicates that the device bears the HTC 8088 designation, which may be the model number of the Chinese variant of the One Max. A Weibo account associated with China Mobile, one of the country’s largest carriers, recently published the alleged specifications of the HTC 8088, which include a quad-core processor running at 1.7GHz, a 5.9-inch display, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage.
Remember that HTC devices sold in China often differ in specifications and design when compared to international versions, as it’s the case with the HTC One, which ships in China with a microSD card and a removable back plate. In other words, don’t take these specs for granted.
Like this post? Share it!
The person taking the pictures uses a Nokia Lumia ( Pic 4)
so if the rumors are true, htc removed the sd card slot and put in a S4 PRO soc in this phone. whose bright idea at htc was it to put an soc 2 iterations behind what their biggest competitor will have in their equivalent phone which will probably be out for a few weeks, if not months before their offering?
htc is run by a bunch of freaking morons. 20% of their us workforce cut, the other 80% should be busy polishing up their resumes as i’m typing this.
Calm down. This isn’t even the version coming to the U.S. It’s the Chinese variant.
Interesting that no one seems to be talking about the fact that Blinkfeed is showing up on the multi-tasking page. Never has before. Looks like that means it’s running as an app that can be opened and closed, rather than a permanent resident on one of your home screens.
That would be a positive.
Blink feed shows on my one x+ as an app in the recent apps screen
Yeah…I just noticed that the Verizon version also shows it. Must have been an update in 4.2.2. Pretty much makes my theory completely wrong…hahaha.
maybe no more homescreen taking-up space?
I know some people would love that, but it appears that I was wrong in my theory. Besides, I love Blinkfeed!
Maybe the guys at HTC are just Huge Trolling Chinese (Taiwanese but whatever) and that’s actually just a huge xenon flash :D
Huge Taiwanese C**ts?
I admit I was thinking about that, but chose not to write it :)
I personally think that HTC making the MAX look like The One was blah.. The One looks great yes it does but stretching it to me personally doesn’t look right.
So I’ve been waiting and wating and waiting for this damn thing to come out. I’ve always been a huge HTC fan and I really…. reeeeeally hope this thing isn’t gonna ship W/O a QSD800. I’ve been letting the idea of 2gigs of ram settle in my head vs the Note3′s 3gigs. Then theres the whole multitasking thing Samsungs got goin on. HTC is hanging on by a thread with me… and I’m a diehard fan. Everyone who’s not a diehard,is just gonna overlook it. Just sad :-(
I know these specs aren’t final, but 16GB? Why go backwards from the One? Should be at 64GB standard high end by now, 128 option.
Maybe it’s the China version with micro sd slot..so keep your cool until the product is official :-)
correct, just like the korean version of Lg G2 has smaller removable battery and sd card slot and 16gb which is completely different to the western model.
but yes if the one max stays like that it will be doomed on the sales front :(
This scrennshots tell me that the software does not take advantage of the big screen, just look at the multitasking page it’s just a bigger one. Oh well I didn’t even want a phablet in the first place…
this sucks. Htc doesn’t Listen or Learn. always making the wrong
choices. the HTC ONE MAX needs Snapdragon 800,16mp camera,3gb of
ram,stylus, im very disappoint in HTC.
it has the snapdragon 800 and it doesn’t nee the 16mp camera and esp not the 3gb of ram
1.7 ghz quad core seems more like s600
It’s a Snapdragon 600.
yo creo QUE A htc le iria MEJOR EN SU EMPRESA SI TAMBIEN TOMARAN EN CUENTA PAISES DE SUDAMERICA. POR Q EN ARGENTINA TODAVIA NI NOTICIAS DEL HTC ONE,Y YA ES UN SMARTPHONE Q SE ESTA QUEDANDO ATRAS CON RELACION A LOS NUEVOS! YO LO ADQUIRI POR VIAS INTERNACIONALES. OJALA NOS TENGAN EN CUENTA ,ESTOY SEGURO QUE LES IRIA MEJOR!!
Blink feed shows in the recent apps page on my one x+ ,I’m really hoping this is just the china version , it’s big but certainly not a step up