HTC One M8 gets a new software update on Verizon’s network
Earlier this month, Sprint became the first U.S. carrier to introduce an update for the recently released HTC One M8. Now Verizon is following suit with an update of their own, though for very different reasons.
Unlike the Sprint update, Verizon’s M8 update doesn’t bring the M8’s extreme power saving mode, and instead is essentially a bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements. Specifically, the change-log for the update mentions the following:
- ERI Update to remove the roaming indicator icon displayed on some HTC One M8 devices(Out of Box)
- Resolved issue related to webpage and application connection errors in certain conditions
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements
- Gallery: Integrated a new Copy/Paste feature
- Gallery: Mute/Edit buttons on the Video Highlights tile
- Improved sync behavior while closing the flip with Dot matrix case
It seems odd that Sprint was able to squeeze out power saving mode so quickly, but not Verizon. Still, it’s good to see that Big Red is working hard to improve the HTC One M8 experience on its network. The update should be rolling out in stages, and is about 122MB in size, so you’ll want to be on Wi-Fi before downloading.