2014 HTC One specs and features detailed in yet another leak (Bonus: Verizon version pics)
It’s leak fiesta in HTC town and we don’t mind one bit. Yesterday, we learned about the Duo Camera setup of the All New HTC One, thanks to a leaked brochure of Australian carrier Telstra, and now we get even more details on the new HTC One’s specs and functionality.
GSM Arena received what seems to be a sale guide for the new HTC One, as well as a partial spec sheet clearing up some of the questions we still had about the new phone. Here’s the key info:
- The new HTC One will be overall larger than the 2013 model, at 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm. At 160 grams, the device will also be heftier than its predecessor and some direct competitors, such as the Galaxy S5 (145 g), almost topping the Xperia Z2 (163 g). With design staying largely the same, the increase in size is caused by the 0.3-inch increase in display size compared to the 2013 HTC One.
- The SoC will be a Snapdragon 801 revving at 2.3GHz, just like on the Xperia Z2, but slightly slower than the 2.5GHz chip of the S5.
- 16GB of internal storage (10GB free), with microSD card. 2600 mAh battery, up from 2300 mAh on the first generation.
- Main rear camera appears to be 4MP again, though that’s not specified in the leak. Front camera will feature a wide-angle lens and a 5MP sensor.
- New feature: Motion Launch – answer calls by putting the phone to your ear.
- New feature: swipe the phone to wake up and go to BlinkFeed and apps.
- New feature: double tap to wake the phone and see time, weather and reminders.
- Selective focus feature confirmed. Front camera will have a countdown timer for selfies.
Head over to the source to see the actual sales guide and how HTC instructs sales staff to promote its All New One. And for a peak at all the recent leaks related to the new HTC One (due to launch on March 25), check our full coverage.
As a bonus, here’s another gallery of images what seems to be a dummy version of Verizon-branded HTC One (2014).
Impressed or not so much?