The HTC Flyer is an upcoming tablet and is scheduled to be released, most likely, this forthcoming May. The Gingerbread-running tablet is already available for pre-order thanks to a UK retailer, the Carphone Warehouse. You can currently order the HTC Flyer for £599.99 with no data plan, SIM-lock or any terms. That is meaning to say you can use your own SIM card of choice and not lock yourself into a two-year contract. The listing says that the HTC Flyer is currently on hand however the device won’t ship until May.
Unlike the other soon-to-come tablets, the HTC Flyer is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Nevertheless, one HTC representative said that, “I can confirm that we are working to bring a Honeycomb update to Flyer in short order – however, I don’t have any specific information on what the timing may be.” Well, this isn’t bad at all. The tablet is also sporting 7-inch display and will be powered by a 1.5Ghz single core processor.
Some of the key features of the HTC Flyer are as follows:
- HTC Scribe™ digital pen that unlocks HTC Scribe technology, which allows the ability to capture and interpret any on-screen content with notes and drawings
- Integration/compatibility with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® 3.0
- 7″ 1024×600 display with multi-touch capability and an optional digital pen that enables users to take synchronized notes and annotate content
- Built-in dual microphones for noise reduction
- Android™operating system
- Adobe® Flash® 10.1 support
- 5 MP Color CMOS camera with auto focus
- 1.3MP front camera for video chatting
- 16GB eMMC memory plus microSD card slot
- 4,000 mAh battery
£599.99 isn’t cheap for a tablet. Do you think the HTC Flyer is worth it?