HTC DROID Eris
Verizon sent us a message last night telling us about the new HTC DROID Eris firmware update that has started going out to users. This isn’t an update to a newer version of Android, which we are still expecting, but rather a simpler update that fixes some problems with the initial version of the device.
Not all people experienced all of these issues, but there’s probably something in this update for most any DROID Eris user.
The initial batch of users to get the update is pretty small, but it should start going out in large scale within a week or so. A list of the updated aspects of the DROID Eris are available after the jump.
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed.
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.