How to Update Your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Official Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread XFJVA Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 users can now enjoy the official release of Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread build XFJVA. This update comes with many stability fixes, as well as better battery performance. Unfortunately, however, this update is not applicable for phones such as I9000M/B, Vibrant, Captivate, Mesmerize or other similar models (e.g., I9001 Plus or I9003). Use this update only for the I9000 model.
Applying this firmware doesn’t require you to root your phone, which means that you do not need to void your warranty. If your phone is already rooted, your root access will be revoked after applying this firmware.
To ensure a smooth and problem-free update process, please take note of the following requirements and preparations.
- It’s highly important to back up the data on your phone in the event that whatever information on the phone may be lost or corrupted.
- Text Messages – Use the SMS Backup and Restore app
- Phone Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Call Log – Use the Call Logs Backup and Restore app
- Pictures, music, videos, files, etc. – Copy to the internal/external SD card
- Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- All firewall tools, antivirus programs, and PC suites should be completely closed on your desktop so that these tools do not interrupt the process of the firmware update.
- Ensure that USB Debugging has been enabled on your phone through the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Ensure that your phone has a charge of at least 60% so that it doesn’t shut off in the middle of the updating process.
- If you are on any custom ROM, it is necessary to enter Recovery Mode to clear all the cache files or else you may face issues with applying Gingerbread 2.3.5 XFJVA update. You can enter recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously while pressing the Power button. Once in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and then reboot your device by selecting “Reboot System Now”.
Updating to Android 2.3.5 XFJVA Firmware
Here are the steps for updating your Galaxy S I9000 wth Android 2.3.5 build XFJVA:
- Download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 XFJVA firmware package from here and unzip it. When prompted for a password, enter “androidauthority.com” (without the quotation marks).
- Once the files are extracted, check for the following files:
- Odin3 1.7
- PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit
- PDA – PDA_XFVJA_Sbl.tar.md5
- Phone – PHONE_XXJVT.tar.md5
- CSC – CSCOXFV1.tar.md5
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is now running Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread build XFJVA.