How to Unroot Your Motorola Droid Razr
Android users who have rooted their Droid Razr can now unroot their device. In this tutorial, you will learn how to unroot your Droid Razr and revert it to its unrooted state.
Unrooting your Droid Razr can be done easily. The best part of unrooting your Droid Razr is that it can be done in just a matter of seconds, thanks to the one-click script created by DooMLord, the famous developer behind the famous zergRush exploits that helped many Android users in successfully rooting their devices.
It is important to know that when you first rooted your Droid Razr, it was most likely actually using one of DooMLord’s rooting scripts. Using anything other than the zergRush exploit to unroot your Razr could end up messing up your phone. As a warning, if you really have second thoughts or doubts, we advise you not to proceed with the tutorial. Otherwise, proceed at your own risk.
What will the script do?
Running the script will eventually unroot your device and remove all associated files and symlinks. These include Busybox and Super User files with all of their associated data.
- Before you begin, you must have a rooted Droid Razr. Make sure that your rooted device was rooted using DooMLord’s scripts. Otherwise, unrooting your device using the instructions below may result in unpredictable results.
- Download the latest Motorola USB drivers for your Windows operating system. Get them here.
- Download DoomLord’s unrooting script. Get it here.
- Enable installation of apps from “Unknown Sources”. You can do this by going to Settings > Application Settings.
- Once the requirements are met you can now proceed to unrooting your device.
- To begin the unrooting process, first download DoomLord’s unrooting script to your PC. You can unpack the contents of the script using 7zip or whatever unzipping program you have.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your device. You can enable this by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Connect your Droid Razr to your PC using a USB cable.
- Set your device to Charge Mode only.
- Open the unrooting script package and select RUNME-UNROOT.bat to begin the unrooting process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the terminal (command prompt) window to successfully unroot your device.
Once the unrooting process completes, you can verify that you have unrooted your device by running applications like ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, or any other application that requires root privileges. If your phone complains about not being able to run the app, then you have successfully unrooted your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully unrooted your Droid Razr.