How to Setup Face Unlock on Galaxy S2 ICS Android 4.0
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is definitely the most-craved-for Android operating system today because of the great functionality and style that it brings to users. Ice Cream Sandwich has tons of features to talk about, but there’s one cool feature that you will surely be curious to try–the Face Unlock feature.
The Face Unlock feature is available for those who have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. In this article, you will know how to set up Face Unlock on your Galaxy S2 running Android 4.0 ICS firmware. But, take note that this is only applicable if you are going to root your phone, so if you are not willing to root your phone, then you will consequently not be able to set up this application.
Face Unlock Feature
The Face Unlock feature will really be a great additional feature on your Samsung Galaxy S2. When this feature was first launched, many people surely got excited to get it on their phones. On the other hand, this feature for our Android phone is more of a cool functional feature because in terms of security, this feature had been tested to be not completely fool-proof. There have been several reports of real-life incidents where Face Unlock failed to function as expected. Though, as a failsafe option, you can use a PIN code or a visual pattern to unlock your phone if Face Unlock doesn’t work.
Before you proceed with setting up Face Unlock on your Galaxy S2, make sure that your phone:
- is rooted,
- has ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and
- is running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build XXKP8.
If your phone meets those requirements, you can follow these steps:
- Download the Face Unlock update file to your computer and then copy the downloaded ZIP file to your SD card. Get the file here.
- Turn off your mobile phone and reboot it into recovery mode. You can do this by pressing the Volume Up and OK buttons. Press both buttons at the same time and then press the Power button.
- If you are already in recovery mode, proceed by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Reboot your device by selecting “Reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
- Reboot your device again into recovery mode.
- From the menu, select “install zip from SD card”, then ” choose zip from SD card”, and then choose the Face Unlock ZIP file which is on your phone. After you have selected the file, installation will start.
- After installation, your device will again display the recovery mode screen. Select “Reboot system now” to reboot the phone. Take note that this time, restarting your device will take much longer. On the other hand, you can also opt to update this package from ClockworkMod Recovery.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully setup Face Unlock on your Galaxy S2 running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich XXKP8 firmware.