The Galaxy S2 is the flagship phone of Samsung and is one of the best Android devices you can get. If you’re wondering how to get rid of those annoying Samsung apps or want to get the most from Samsung’s finest, here’s how. This is the safest way to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
Got everything? Let’s get to it.
- First download and extract DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip using Winzip/Winrar.
- Next, make sure you have installed the ADB drivers for your device. Just follow this guide if you have not installed it yet
- Next enable USB Debugging. Tap on Menu > Settings> Applications > Development. Make sure the “USB Debugging” setting is checked.
- Next enable Unknown sources. Click Menu> Settings> Applications. Make sure the “Unknown sources” setting is checked
- Then, when you’ve made sure of everything, connect your phone to your computer using its data cable.
- Lastly, go to the folder where you extracted the files of DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip
- Look for and run “Runme.bat”
- Follow the instructions that it shows you.
That’s it! Your phone is finally rooted using the latest zergRush exploit (16 Nov). You will also have a couple of nice tools installed as well.
- busybox (1.18.4) – Busy Box is something that you install on your Android that gives you access to additional handy LINUX / UNIX based commands. It helps with the heavy lifting for some of the root level tasks you need to do.
- SU files (binary: 3.0.3 and apk: 3.0.6) – These files help you gain a “Super User” icon that enables you run any application, including root-only ones.
Source: XDA Developers, Addictive Tips