Now that you updated your firmware to the XXKH3 the next thing you should do is to root and install Clockworkmod recovery. Thanks to the Chainfire team they made a file so that we can root and install recovery easily at the same time.
Ifyou want to root and install recovery on your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- First, download the CF-Root Kernel on your computer.
- Then, extract it to a new folder using Winzip/Winrar. (you should get a CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4.tar file.
- Next, download the Odin v1.85 (Just extract Odin folder and keep the odin3.ini file in it).
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to download mode: press and hold these keys together:Volume Down + Home + Power. You’ll see a ‘Warning!‘ screen.. press Volume Up to continue.
- On your computer double-click the Odin3 v1.7.exe to run the program.
- Connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your phone and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.Now, in Odin, Click the PDA Tab, and select CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4.tar.
- Make sure to select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check box in the options.
- Then, click the START button. Now it will begin to root and install CWM recovery on your phone.
- When finished, your device should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- Wait for the Samsung logo then you can now safely remove your phone to the computer.
- If you have successfully rooted your phone, your ODIN program should look like this.
Congratulations, you have succesfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2!