ASUS Transformer Prime has a new OTA update and also with the new update comes a new way of rooting your device, thanks to Saurik of XDA Developers Forum. This process of rooting our device uses the ADB but don’t get disappointed if you dont know how to use ADB, its really simple just foolow the steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Asus Transformer Prime with recent over-the-air (OTA) update.
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install Android Debug Bride (ADB).
- Then, download Mempodroid Binary and SU Binary, and put them in
your c:android-sdkplatform-tools directory.
- Next, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Open Windows File Explorer then search and open the android-sdk folder inside of the drive C:
- Now, hold the shift key down on your keyboard and right click in any blank area inside that folder. This will give you the option to open a command window here. Select that and a command prompt will open saying c:android-sdkplatform-tools
- Enter the following command into the command prompt window then press enter.
- After that your device should be recognize by the ADB and we’re now ready to Root our device.
- Enter the following commands into the commad prompt window pressing enter for every lines.adb push mempodroid /data/local
adb push su /data/local
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/mempodroid
adb shell /data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 mount -o remount,rw ” /system
/data/local/mempodroid 0xd9ec 0xaf47 sh
- You should now be in a remote shell session with root (indicated by #). Now enter the following commands below.cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
exitadb shell rm /data/local/mempodroid
adb shell rm /data/local/su
- Once finished your device will reboot.
- Disconnect your device to the computer.
- Go to Android Market then download and install the SuperUser app.
Congratulations your ASUS Transformer Prime is finally rooted.