Want to unleash the power of your Samsung Galaxy S2? then the first thing you need to do is root your device. After it has been rooted your device you can now do whatever you want like installing root-only apps (Titanium backup, rom manager, root explorer etc.) change your rom, overclock your cpu and much more. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- USB Data Cable
- First, download XXKP8 Android 4.0.3 Rooting Package
- Then, extract it to a new folder via Winzip/Winrar.
- Next, open the new folder and double-click the Odin3_v1.0 to run the program.
- Turn off your phone.
- Then, go Recovery mode by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Next, when your in recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition.
- After that go back and select Reboot System to reboot your phone.
- Now turn off your phone and go to download mode by pressing down Volume Down Key + Home button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Next, connect your phone to your computer using the USB Data Cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your phone and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click the PDA tab and search for the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KP8-v5.2.tar file you extracted earlier.
- Then, Then click the START button. Now the rooting process will begin.
- When finished, your phone should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- After that, your phone is finally rooted. Congratulations!
XDA Developers forum