Motorola Droid X can now be easily root by using Pete's Motorola Root Tools. But Don't get excited yet, you must first know the Pros and Cons of rooting your phone. The Cons of it is your phone warranty will be void, that's the only cons. The pros of rooting it are you will be able to install root-only apps like Titanium Backup, Rom Manager, Root explorer, etc. You can also change Custom Roms, Overclock your cpu and more. Now that you know the Pros and Cons you are now ready to root your phone. Just follow the simple Steps below.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge atleast 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Motorola Droid X
- USB Data Cable
- First, download and install this Motorola driver into your computer.
- Then, Download PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06.zip
- Next, extract it to a new folder via winzip/winrar.
- Connect your phone to your computer via its USB data cable, select Charge Only option from notifications drawer.
- Next open the new folder with the extracted files, find and double- click the Pete's Motorola Root Tools to run the program.
- Lastly, follow the instructions and wait for it to finish.
- That’s it, your Motorola Droid X is finally Rooted!
XDA Developers Forum